Nordic Shrimp - 2 Ways
As we lived in unseasonably cold weather in and around Montreal this week, we decided to share something sure to warm you up.
So, we figured why not show off one of our amazing products that can be used in many different ways. Now is an excellent time to remind everyone that we are now carrying a range of Fish and Seafood in our store!
Nordic Cold Water Shrimp, these little guys are a great source of protein, are locally sourced right here in Quebec, and are perfect for all of your small shrimp needs.
Today, we will highlight a couple of ways to add some delicious shrimp into your life while staying warm inside your home!
Shrimp Rosé Pasta
Is there anything more satisfying than a delicious pasta smothered in a creamy rose sauce?
1 jar rosé sauce
1 package of pasta (we love linguini for this recipe)
1/2 lb Nordic Cold Water Shrimp - defrosted
3 bell peppers (we use red, yellow, and orange) - diced
1 cup of chopped spinach - if using frozen, be sure to squeeze out all excess water
½ yellow onion, finely diced
4 cloves of garlic
- Pour a tablespoon of oil into a pan. Over medium-high heat, add onion and garlic and let them slowly simmer until golden.
- Turn heat down to low and add bell pepper, spinach and Rosé sauce and stir. Add your Nordic Shrimp to the sauce. Cover and let simmer on low for about 10 -12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt to your water and add pasta. Cook according to package instructions.
- When pasta is cooked to your desire, drain pasta and return it to the pot. Pour your Rosé sauce mixture over it and mix it to combine. Make sure everything is mixed together, and you're ready to serve.
Don't be afraid to add garlic bread as a side and your choice of either red or white wine.
Super Quick Popcorn Shrimp
This recipe is perfect as a side dish, main course, finger food or just for snack time. It is straightforward to make as well.
What you'll need:
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil
- ½ teaspoon of dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 cup of panko style bread crumbs
- As much Nordic Shrimp you desire
1. In a bowl, combine 1 egg and ½ cup of milk beat/whisk until you reach an even light yellow colour.
2. Pour your flour into a second bowl
3. In a third bowl, combine your Panko bread crumbs and your spices (salt, basil, parsley, onion powder and garlic powder).
4. Now, take your shrimp one at a time and first, dunk them in the egg and milk mix. Then coat shrimp lightly in your flour. Then, dip shrimp back into the egg and milk mix.
5. Finally, coat your shrimp with the Panko and spice mixture from your third bowl.
6. Next up, in either a deep fryer or pan preheated to 350º F; deep fry the shrimp for roughly 3 - 4 minutes or until golden and crispy.
7. Remove shrimp from oil using a slotted spoon and place on a plate or in a bowl lined with a paper towel.
There you have it, perfect popcorn shrimp.