#ThirstyThursday: Strawberry Splash
Merry Thursday and Happy end of the week!
Well we’ve once again made it through another nightmare of a work week, pair that with the fact that we have had to also spend time Christmas shopping whether it be online or in person, you deserve to sit back and relax.
This week we unveiled a brand new bundle pack that has been added to our store, The Smoked Meat Sandwich Pack! This pack is currently available in Individual, Family and Party sizes so that you can have all the smoked meat you could possibly dream of! (These delicious packs are available for purchase right here!)
To celebrate the launch of these smoked meat bundles of joy, we decided to showcase a drink that would go amazingly with a nice, warm, smoked meat sandwich. In order to pair very well with the smokey and tangy flavours provided by all the amazing spices from the smoked meat, we went out of our way to make something that has a little bit of a sparkle to it, that has a light sweetness to it but that will easily help with digestion. We present the, The Strawberry Splash.
Here’s what you will need:
- 2 oz (1 Shot) of Dry Gin
- 1 oz (½ a shot) of Vodka
- 5 oz (150 ml) of Lemon-Lime soda
- Ice Cubes
- Grenadine (About a cap full)
So let’s get to making this delicious cocktail!
- First, take out a highball glass or really any kind of tall glass and take a few strawberries and cut them in half. Don’t forget to remove the stems.
- Next up, you’re going to place your ice into your glass in small layers and in between each layer you are going to place a strawberry up against the side of the glass, using the ice to keep them in place.
- Once this is done, pour in your Dry Gin and your Vodka. Then, pour in your lemon-lime soda to the top.
- Finally, pour in your cap full of grenadine. This will provide a little more sweetness and colour to your drink, not to mention a beautiful holiday colour. You could equally make this drink without the grenadine.
Let us know how this recipe came out for you and if you made any of your own changes to it so that we can try them out for ourselves! Have a great end of the week and don’t forget to check out our 12 days to Unconventional Christmas countdown where we explore all the amazing foods and drinks that you can experience during this very strange but festive holiday season!